Here are three things everyone knows.
- Listening improves communication.
- Appreciating people makes them perform better.
- Leaders create more leaders.
If you get to hear them, you say, ‘ Yes, that is true.’
As an afterthought, you add, ‘ That is common sense.’
A series of questions to ask is
1) Is this held to be true?
2) Is it so widely known that it is common sense?
And if the answer is ‘ Yes’ ask,
3) Why doesn’t it happen enough?
The eloquent answer, ‘ Common sense is not common’ is a cop-out.
Stay with the question. Why doesn’t it happen enough?